Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Snakes in the Grass

So I called up Leroy to pick his brain about my girl Debbie and find out if he knew what was going down with her; and he did. Apparently there is some big shake up coming restructuring or something and the Company has decided to use the restructure the move Debbie to another office. So I'm complaining to Leroy that Debbie is one of the most competent people in the office and she happens to make me laugh so I'm pissed, then Leroy dropped the hammer and told me the real reason Debbie was getting the Heave-Ho. Turns out Debbie is not as innocent as I though she was and she has been doing the horizontal tango with a few too many men and possibly a woman in the office. All I could say was " Damn, and you think you know somebody; I didn't think she was like that." How many times have I said that phrase " I didn't think she was like that." Maybe I should stop saying that because apparently a lot of them are just like that. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but there is a time and place for everything.



So I'm sitting in my office still a little bummed about the Debbie situation, then I get a call from Dispatch about this disturbance in the office, so I go to check it out and I find my co-workers about to come to blows, talk about inappropriate, you can read more about that here. Like I said there is a time and a place for everything.



So the other day that bamma Ron stops by again, asking if I wanted to go to lunch, and I tell him it's cool but he's gotta buy because I got no cash(I lied). So we hit up Lauriol Plaza and we small talk about the Redskins and then the weather (the lowest form of conversation), then he gets around to Debbie and he asks if I know why she's being moved and I lie again and tell him. Then he says he's sure I can find out, and If I could get back to him soon, he could give me scoop on someone very close to me. I raised my eyebrow and said"What are you talking about Ronald?" The he asks, " How well do you really know your friends?". I get back to office and now I'm more confused than when I left, how is that Ron, the office gossip doesn't know that Debbie like to get it in (a lot) but he's knows secrets about my friends. Normally I would let this go, because I like to kind of stay above the fray but curiosty is getting the best of me. DAMN Ron.

No comments: